University of York Equal Access Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship which is open to international students who wish to study in the prestigious University of York.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of York Equal Access scholarship is offering a full-tuition fee waiver and living allowance to international students who wish to enroll for Undergraduate or Taught Postgraduate courses at the University of York. The applicants are expected to have or have applied for asylum status before applying for the Equal Access Scholarship.
LEVEL OF STUDY
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF YORK EQUAL ACCESS SCHOLARSHIP
The University of York Equal Access Scholarship is open to International (non-EU) students only. However, to be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of York for 2020
- have applied for asylum before you have applied for a place at University
- not have access to mainstream funding, eg, student finance or a local authority grant.
- have made York your first choice (firm choice) through UCAS for Undergraduate
- Applicants who wish to enroll at the Hull-York Medical School are ineligible for this scholarship
Applicants’ current immigration status can be described as one of the following:
- Discretionary/limited leave to remain (DLR/ LLR)
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
- Humanitarian Protection (HP)
- Awaiting a decision on the application for refugee status
- Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
- Refused Asylum Seeker – your application for refugee status has been rejected, and you have submitted an appeal or a fresh claim
- A dependent or partner of any of the above status groups
FIELDS OF INTEREST
All Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught courses
WHAT THE SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS
The University of York Equal Access Scholarship covers a full fee waiver (you will not need to pay any tuition fees) and a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must apply online for the scholarship using the scholarship application form.
Thursday 30 April 2020, 11.59 pm BST
The Equal Access Scholarship is a competitive process. One applicant will receive the postgraduate award.
A panel of senior staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees.
We aim to inform you of the outcome of your scholarship application by late May.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
For Postgraduate application, documents required for the Equal Access Scholarships are
- Your York Application ID (this is nine digits long and can be found on your offer letter)
- A personal statement
- Evidence of your asylum status, for example, your biometric residence permit
- Additional reference in support of your application from a school, college, community, or voluntary group.
- Academic Transcripts
For Undergraduate application, documents required for the Equal Access Scholarships are
- Your UCAS personal ID (this is 10 digits long and can be found on your offer letter)
- Your York Application ID (this is 9 digits long and can be found on your offer letter)
- A personal statement
- Evidence of your asylum status, for example your biometric residence permit
You are strongly advised to prepare your personal statement before beginning the application process. In your personal statement(maximum of 400 words), you are expected to describe your family circumstances and the barriers you have overcome to continue with your education, with specific reference to your current status in the UK. You should include information on when you arrived in the UK, your country of origin, and the current status of your application for asylum.
You do not need to give details of the events that led to you seeking asylum unless you wish to do so.
You are expected to explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future in 300 words.