The Cranfield Water Science Institute and the International Water Association (IWA) are offering Tuition-free scholarship to eligible applicants who wish to study a full-time Water-related postgraduate taught course at Cranfield University. The Cranfield-IWA water scholarships seeks professionals who would provide solutions to the current world water challenges.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Cranfield Water Science Institute, of Cranfield University United Kingdom, in collaboration with the International Water Association (IWA), is offering scholarships to individuals from around the world who are willing to enroll for a postgraduate taught courses in any of the eligible courses.
The Cranfield IWA scholarship aims to provide Tuition-free learning to a new generation of highly skilled professionals who would deliver sustainable and resilient responses to the challenges of increasing water stress.
The recipients of Cranfield – IWA Excellence Scholarships will have their fees (at overseas or UK rates) paid and will also benefit from enhanced engagement with the IWA Young Professionals program, providing excellent opportunities to develop a global peer network.
The scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis, and you can apply once you have been offered a place on one of the three eligible courses. Successful applicants will have a strong academic or work experience record and will be effective communicators.
The Cranfield-IWA scholarship covers the total cost of tuition fees of recipients, regardless of their fee status.
The scholarship is open to suitable applicants from all parts of the world, including EU and UK students.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
The deadline for applying for this scholarship is on 30th April 2020
LEVEL OF STUDY
Postgraduate Taught (Masters)
The Cranfield IWA Scholarship is open to citizens of any country in the world. However, applicants must possess:
- A relevant UK First Class or 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent international qualification)
- Demonstrate significant practical experience and achievements in water or an aligned sector in combination with a degree below second class honors..
- Meet the Minimum entry requirement for taught and research programs.
- Meet the additional entry requirement for the course of interest
- International students may be required to provide evidence of English Language after receiving an offer to study. Check country English Requirement
- If you do not meet the formal entry requirements, but still feel you can demonstrate the ability to complete the course successfully, you may still be accepted onto a course. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Applicants who are interested in applying for the Cranfield IWA Scholarships must enroll in one of the following courses.
- Advanced Water Management MSc
- Water and Sanitation for Development MSc
- Water and Wastewater Engineering MSc
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in an interview expected to be held around mid-May 2020.
All applicants should be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of May 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship must have an offer of admission on an eligible full-time Master’s course before applying for the scholarship. This is important because the six-digits Cranfield application number would be required in submitting the application form. To apply for one of our MSc courses, please complete the online application form.
Applicants must complete the online application form and upload a short written submission (500 words) on one of the Sustainable Development Goals. A detailed explanation of how the selected Sustainable Developmental Goal (SDG) is best delivered and what new tools, technologies, or innovative interventions are available to achieve it.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION/SCHOLARSHIP
- English test results taken within two years of registration date
- Relevant proof of work experience in combination with a degree below second class honors
- Degree certificate
- Short written essay (500 words) on one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) explaining how the chosen SDG is best delivered.
For Nigerian Applicants, you will need to provide evidence of your competency in English and that this meets the requirements for the course you have applied for. Applicants who have completed an undergraduate qualification from a recognized Nigerian university are not usually required to take an English test. You may, however, be required to take an English test if your application does not demonstrate a suitable level of competency.Share