The ASRIC and UEMF scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that provides an opportunity for Africans Ph.D. students to carry out their doctoral research work at the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes Morocco. The scholarship aims at promoting research and innovation to address Africa’s socio-economic development challenges.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The African Scientific and Research Innovation Council (ASRIC) is a continental platform created to mobilize African research excellence, innovation and provide a platform for dialogue and the voice of the scientific community in building and sustaining continental research-policy nexus to address Africa’s socio-economic development challenges. The ASRIC is mandated to implement Science, Technology, and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development. It also mobilizes African research excellence and provides a platform for dialogue among African scientists and serves as a voice of the scientific community in building and sustaining continental research and innovation nexus, that including the building requisite technical capabilities.
On the other hand, the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), was created in November 2012 and labeled by the Union for the Mediterranean (a union of 43 country members). UEMF is a University of a regional character and is located in the iconic city of Fes, which houses one of the oldest still-functioning universities in the world, “Al Karaouiyine.”
The University was created to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation, and solidarity, in furtherance UEMF is a thriving center of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients. Meanwhile, international partnership agreements signed in 2018 with Belgian, French, German, Moroccan, and Spanish higher education institutions promise new opportunities for academic exchanges. Considering the comparative advantage and the collective mandate of ASRIC and UEMF “building Africa’s technical competences,” the two institutions decided to engage in long-term scientific collaboration. As of that, the UEMF offered Scholarships for African Ph.D. students to undertake studies and research work at UEMF.
LEVEL OF STUDY
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASRIC and UEMF scholarship offers ten slots
DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Three (3) years
Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes, Morocco
FIELD OF INTERESTS
- Digital Engineering and Artificial Intelligence
- Embedded systems
- Additive Manufacturing
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Energy storage; Batteries and Smart grids
- Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The ASRIC and UEMF scholarship provides
- Tuition fees of about $9,000
- Annually one return ticket from applicant home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation
- Stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year
To be eligible for the ASRIC and UEMF Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be national of the one of the African Union Member State;
- Be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call;
- Have a Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5)
- Demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in researching the selected field of study.
The deadline for application is 15th of July, 2020, at 17.00 hours (GMT+0) Rabat Local time. Any application received after the deadline will be rejected.
HOW TO APPLY
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- An updated CV;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the Master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of the international passport.
- Two personal passport size photographs