The Shell Nigeria Delta Post graduate scholarship is an annual fully-funded scholarship that provides opportunity indigenes of selected Niger Delta states to study in the United Kingdom. The objective of this scholarship program is to provide postgraduate study opportunities in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualified students from the Niger Delta States listed above. The Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme sponsors about 15 applicants yearly.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for qualified applicants in selected Niger Delta States; Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers state. This scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that provides the opportunity for these Nigerians to study in the United Kingdom.
The objective of this scholarship program is to provide postgraduate study opportunities in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualified students from the Niger Delta States listed above.
In the nine years of running postgraduate scholarship for Niger Delta, 92 students have won the opportunity to study in a high-ranked university in the United Kingdom (UK) on a fully-funded scholarship.
LEVEL OF STUDY
Postgraduate Taught (One year)
You are eligible if you
- Are an indigene of one of the selected states in Nigeria; Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers.
- Hold a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours Degree (2.1)
- Have completed NYSC by September 2020
- Have an adequate standard of English ( at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the colleges’ language requirements
- Never been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the selected colleges
- Plan to return to Nigeria at the end of the program
- Have not already studied or currently studying in the UK or other developed country.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- Currently resides in Nigeria
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
You are not eligible if you,
- Are an employee, employees’ relative (or former employee who have left employment less than five years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies, or the College.
- Below the ages of 21 and above 28
- Have studied in a developed country
- Are not an indigene of the states listed above
- Will not conclude NYSC before or by September 2020
- Currently reside outside Nigeria
The Shell Postgraduate Scholarship covers:
- The full cost of tuition fees
- One economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK
- Contribution towards living expenses
- Medical insurance in line with UK student visa requirements
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
Application for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate scholarship must be submitted on or before 15th April 2020
Petroleum Engineering MSc
Petroleum Geoscience MSc
Applied Computational Science and Engineering MSc
Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc
Integrated Petroleum Geoscience MSc
Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas MSc
Exploration Geophysics MSc
Electronic/Electrical Engineering MSc
- First, submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses and apply only after receiving an unconditional offer for study.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be made available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the University.
The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Scholarship applications will not be considered until the applicant has been accepted by the University to undertake an eligible program of postgraduate study
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This scholarship is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period on account of the scholarship award.
More information on specific course admission requirements and scholarship can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
NNPC/SPDC_JV University of Aberdeen
NNPC/SPDC_JV University of Leeds
NNPC/SPDC_JV Imperial College London