Is there anything like Korean Scholarship? Yes! Korea is fascinating in movies and the schooling life often appears impossible. It’s time to find out!
There is a scholarship program that is sponsored and managed by the National Institute for International Education Development (NIIED), a branch of the Ministry of Education in South Korea.
It offers international scholars with the rare opportunity to conduct undergraduate or postgraduate level studies in South Korea and a year of intensive Korean language studies.
More so, graduate education in Korea holds high esteem throughout the world, especially in technical areas like engineering and information technology. Meanwhile, the country ensures most of its master’s programs are taught in English.The Awardees worldwide is about 870 applicants for Undergraduates, Master’s and Ph.D. Students. And in that guise, KGSP Undergraduate is around 170 grantees annually, and KGSP Graduate is around 700 grantees will get the award annually.
- You as an applicant and your parents must be citizens of your country of origin.
- You should be a foreigner who holds no Korean citizenship.
- Also, you should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long.
- You should also be under 25 years for Undergraduates as at entrance.
- In fact for graduates, you should be 40 years of age at the date of entrance. You can read more on eligiblity here
Study in Korea | What is it value?
It is valued at 100,000 KRW per month. It is provided to the KGSP scholars who return to their home countries having completed their degree under the scholarship. It is not offered to those who decides to stay after the degree coursework under the Scholarship.
How to apply?
Through Korean Government Scholarship Application Form:
You can apply for the scholarships only, through the Korean Embassy in your country. Also, through the participating country. Therefore it is important you submit your application form to the embassy and the school participating.
Finally, remember that the application starts September annually for undergraduates and for graduates in February. You can read more hereShare