OPEC/OFID was created in the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) which is a group consisting of 14 of the world’s major oil-exporting nations, to initiate a program
Hey! Guess what? 2020 holds $50,000 in it but only if you are ready! OPEC Fund for International Development – OFID (OPEC/OFID) Scholarship 2020 is currently on and it is for those who are qualified; that is, you who have obtained or are on the verge of completing your Undergraduate degree. Believe me, if you wish to study for a Master’s degree in the United Kingdom, here is the chance o win up to $50,000 that will enable you in grand style.
- 1 OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries 2020 | What about it?
- 2 Also, you are to have the following requirements satisfied to be eligible for the OPEC/OFID Scholarship and it include:
- 3 The required document includes for OPEC/OFID :
OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries 2020 | What about it?
It is an amazing Scholarship program, which is currently in its twelfth year of operation. OPEC/OFID has helped over 40000 young people and in the year 2019, OFID received close to 10,000 applications which show its uniqueness amongst other Scholarships. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the development finance institution that works in cooperation with developing countries with the aim of helping alleviate poverty.
OPEC scholarship scheme allowed the OFID aims to operate dynamically by helping individuals in these developing countries to shoulder the cost of their graduate studies. So, if you happen to be a winner of the OPEC/OFID Scholarship Award, you will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000.
This fund will cover two years, upon completion of a Master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, which starts in the autumn of 2020.
How about applying for Gates Cambridge Scholarship for Foreign Students?
OPEC/OFID Scholarship for Developing Countries 2020 | What makes you eligible?
The Scholarship is opened to you as long as your country is still developing. Well, here is a list of countries that are part of OPEC/OFID program –
11. Saudi Arabia
12. The United Arab Emirates, and
Note that Ecuador in June 2014 reactivated its membership after a 22-year absence.
OFID holds eligibility a core before giving the award and you have a duty to ensure it is not going to stall you. They are:
- You must be a national of a developing country except for OPEC/OFID member countries.
- At the time of submitting your application, you must be between the age of 23 and 32.
- You must have attained or be about to complete your bachelor’s degree at an accredited University.
- Importantly, you must have a CGPA of 3.0 in a 4.0 system.
- You are expected to select a course that ensures the mission of the program. (Economic development or science and technology fields).
Also, you are to have the following requirements satisfied to be eligible for the OPEC/OFID Scholarship and it include:
OPEC\OFID Scholarship for developing countries 2020 | How to apply?
1. You have to register in the OFID scholarship portal.
2. Fill out the application form and upload necessary documents such as your CV, two recommendation letters, passport copies, and personal statement.
The required document includes for OPEC/OFID :
- An online application form.
- A scanned copy of your passport.
- A scanned copy of your last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study.
- A personal essay of 500 words on the reasons you are applying for the OFID Scholarship.
If you happen to be a winner, you will be notified by June 2, through the OPEC/OFID website at www.ofid.org.
The deadline for submission of application is on the 14th of April 2020.Share